Teacher Training Staff
Beryl Bender Birch & Sheila Magalhaes
The Hard & The Soft Yoga Institute is a 500 Hour Registered Yoga School with Yoga Alliance and offers one of the most prestigious and comprehensive yoga teacher training programs in the United States. After graduation from our program, teachers are certified through The Hard & The Soft Yoga Institute and eligible for registry with Yoga Alliance. These are the core teachers, others will join us for the 500 hr training, details TBA
- Beryl Bender Birch, founder and director of The Hard & The Soft, Sheila Magalhaes, owner/co director of Heartsong Yoga Center, and other other senior teachers from The Hard & The Soft Yoga Institute will be teaching throughout the program. Each weekend's teacher will bring their wisdom, insight, and perspective so that the training will be rich with the collective experience of these seasoned teachers.
- Beryl Bender Birch has been teaching yoga and meditation for nearly 40 years and is the author of three best selling books on yoga, including Power Yoga. Beryl is also the Director/Founder of the Give Back Yoga Foundation which supports yoga teachers in developing service projects in under-served areas of their communities. As part of the ongoing mission of Give Back Yoga Foundation, Beryl has spent the past two years focusing on the development of resources for veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan. Learn more about Beryl at www.Power-Yoga.com.
- Sheila Wadden Magalhaes, E-RYT, is the owner and co-director of Heartsong Yoga Center in East Longmeadow, MA. She holds advanced level certifications of training from both The Hard and The Soft Yoga Institute and from the Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health. Sheila has been teaching in her community for over 20 years, in the studio, in local schools, and in corporate settings. She is also on faculty for Mindful Yoga Therapy for Veterans and educates school teachers through YogaEd Tools for Teachers programs. Learn more about Sheila at www.Heartsongyoga.com.
- Lori Klein, E-RYT, is the Executive Assistant to Beryl Bender Birch and Director, Teacher Training for The Hard & The Soft Yoga Institute. Lori travels with Beryl Bender Birch assisting at workshops and retreats internationally and is a 1000 hour graduate of The Hard & The Soft Yoga Institute.
- Stacey Duquette, E-RYT, is a Licensed Massage Therapist specializing in Orthopedic Massage, and is on faculty at Heartsong Yoga with several advanced yoga teacher trainings informing her practice, including the teachings of Rodney Yee, and Shiva Rea's Prana Flow Vinyasa, as well as advanced training with Beryl Bender Birch. Look for the bios of the rest of our 2016-2017 faculty TBA